You are only authorized to use TickCheck.com (regardless of whether your access or use is intended) if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and to this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should leave the TickCheck.com Website and discontinue use of the TickCheck.com Services immediately. By using the TickCheck.com Services, you acknowledge your acceptance of this Agreement in its entirety.
Indemnification of Responsibility
While we make every effort to maintain true and up-to-date information on the website, we cannot be held responsible for incorrect information or the results of using any information on the website.
TickCheck offers laboratory tick testing services. While our test results can be useful in determining your risk of exposure to tick-borne diseases, you understand that our testing services are intended for informational purposes only and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Your receipt of a negative tick test from TickCheck cannot guarantee that you will not contract the disease tested for, nor does a positive tick test from TickCheck imply that you will necessarily contract the disease identified by the test. Additionally, while PCR-based testing is extremely accurate, there is always the small possibility of a false positive or negative. To learn more about the uses and limitations of laboratory tick testing, see our FAQ.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that the information on this site is provided "AS-IS", and does not constitute medical advice. Our information comes with no actual or implied warranty, and is provided to you at your own risk. Use of TickCheck's tick testing services are intended for informational purposes, and we recommend you consult your doctor to make any diagnostic or treatment decisions. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, implied or express, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
TickCheck.com cannot replace a licensed doctor or medical professional. The information provided by TickCheck.com is not intended as professional or medical advice, and you understand that any information or advice provided by the TickCheck.com or our staff, affiliates, or associates is for use solely at your own risk and without liability or warranty of any kind.
Upon request of the Customer, TickCheck shall cancel services and fully refund the Customer at anytime before TickCheck has received and processed the sample. The reason for cancellation is not required. To do so, the Customer must contact the support team at 1-866-713-TICK during regular business hours (9-5; Mon-Fri). The Customer can also email a support request at any time with the TickCheck Support Request Form. TickCheck will carry out the cancellation as quickly possible.
Note: it will take 5-10 days to for the credit to appear on your statement.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF:
- THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE
- THE COST TO OBTAIN SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND/OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY TRANSACTION ENTERED INTO ON THROUGH THE SERVICE
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR DATA TRANSMISSIONS
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE
We may provide organic or advertiser's links to content on external web sites that are not controlled or influenced by TickCheck.com. We cannot be held responsible for any of the content or information contained on these external sites, and we do not necessarily endorse these sites or the views they present.
All original material on the website is copyrighted by TickCheck.com unless explicitly stated otherwise. You agree that you will not copy, retransmit, or modify any of the content provided by the website without obtaining explicit permission from TickCheck.com. Permissions can be obtained by contacting us directly.
If you believe information on TickCheck.com is in violation of a copyright you hold, please contact us directly. Any confirmed infringing material will be removed as soon as possible.
In this policy, we'll spell out what information our site collects, and how it is used. Please note that this policy may change at any time without notice.
- Registration for Services - TickCheck.com may collect Personal Information from you during the process of purchasing or ordering our Services and Products. This information will be used to fulfill your Order, and may be shared with trusted TickCheck Partners in order to ensure your Order is properly fulfilled. TickCheck may use your personal information to contact you in the future regarding your Order, or to provide additional information about our services. We will never share or sell your personal information with an unrelated third party for any purposes, unless required by law.
- Support Phone Calls - TickCheck.com may monitor or record your customer support phone calls for quality control and training purposes. We will never share or sell your personal information with an unrelated third party for any purposes, unless required by law.
- Privacy of your Sensitive Information - While we do not currently collect or maintain any patient medical records, we recognize that many of our customers consider their tick test results to be sensitive information. Our service utilizes state-of-the-art SSL encryption and information security methods to ensure the safety and privacy of your personal information.
- Web Analytics and Tracking - TickCheck.com uses web analytics to track anonymous use data including (but not limited to) IP address, browser information, usage history, etc. No personally identifiable information is collected. We may share this aggregate, anonymized data with third party partners, or when required by law.
- Third-Party Analytics - Certain third-party plugins used across the website may include additional analytics or tracking codes or cookies. Advertisers like Google Adsense, plugins like Google AdWords and the Facebook Like Box, and other third-party plugins have their own privacy policies and opt-out mechanisms that will enable you to manage your preferences.
Disclosure and Use of Your Information
TickCheck.com may use the information collected from you as described above for a variety of purposes, including improving our website and contacting you in reference to the products or services you explicitly registered for.
TickCheck.com may disclose aggregate, anonymous summaries of personal data to third parties. Personally identifiable information may also be released as required by applicable law to qualified law enforcement. In the event that the ownership or structure of TickCheck.com changes in the future, any personal information collected may be exchanged with the rest of the TickCheck.com Data.
Comments and Notice
This policy may be changed at any time without notice, so please check to make sure you are aware of the latest version. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.